Welcome to the GameDevLife!
These forums are here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss ideas, give game development advice, showcase, and give feedback on other people’s art, games and music with other creators. Because this is a creative community, we ask participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Constructive and critical feedback is welcome, and we ask that you conduct yourself in a civilized manner when participating in these forums.
Note that the following guidelines are not exhaustive, and may not address all manner of offensive behavior. As such, the forum moderators shall have full discretion to address any behavior that they feel is inappropriate. Your access to these forums is a “privilege,” and not a “right.” GameDevLife reserves the right to suspend your access to these forums at any time for reasons that include, but are not necessarily limited to, your failure to abide by these guidelines.
We reserve the right to evaluate each incident on a case by case basis.
Rules include but are not limited to the following:
- No Harassment or Defamation (Note: Criticism is not harassment)
- Criticism is welcome, but no direct insults to other developers
- Note: Ongoing harassment will lead to your posting privileges being revoked and further action if necessary
- No Spamming/Flooding
- Using the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish excessively.
- Repeating the same phrase more than once in a period of 30 seconds.
- Creating alternate accounts when a user has blocked/ignored you to further annoy them
- No Real Life Information (Doxing/Doxxing),Threats of Violence etc.
- Please mark all NSFW (Not Safe For Work) content in the topic title, if necessary, Adult games will be given their own section where it is to be expected. By viewing these areas you are confirming you are 18+ or the age of consent in your local area.
- Game/Game Content featuring minors in sexual situations however cannot be permitted due to local law.
- Attempts to run out a member due to their game’s content (provided the game content is legal) is not acceptable regardless of how you feel about it “politically”. If you do not like the games topic, leave the thread. Either all legal content is welcome or none of it is, and in that case we wouldn’t bother to have a site to begin with.
- We repeat: If you are offended by someone’s game, you are required to leave the topic if you cannot deal with it. This is a free and open space any attempt to derail a topic about someone else’s game into your own political platform will lead to your ban and not theirs as you would be violating the rules, not them. If you want your own personal forum away from other people’s “offensive games”, make one yourself.
- This does not mean that political games of any kind are not welcome, it just means that someone else’s project thread is not your own personal playground. All types of politically themed games are welcome as long as there is no content prohibited by law.
- While swearing is not off limits, please avoid spamming swear words or with the sole intention of driving another person out (i.e. Spamming Racial Slurs)
- By using and continuing to use the site you are agreeing to abide by the code of conduct